Wednesday 10 April 2013

Cheesy Chicken Ravioli in White Sauce

              It has been so long since I have got the interest in making creamy pastas.I have tried the normal penne pastas but not ravioli(pasta pockets filled with stuffing).It was from Masterchef of Starplus that I got the inspiration to try it.But lagged just because I am not at all a pasta lover.One is that I dont eat pastas too much and the next is that I don like creamy foods.
                But today I had my bhaabhi and my toddler to finish it.So I thought of preparing pasta.To my wonder,ravioli came out superb and bhaabhi and my toddler certified that it was finger licking good.I was satisfied when I heard that coz first when I tasted it,I din find it so impressive just because all pastas seems to be the same for me.I was on air when my toddler craved for more,when I gave him the next day.It is a hectic and time consuming process but the taste is truly worth the hardship.
            Now over to the recipe...

Ingredients 

Serves:3 to 4;Makes:20 raviolis;Preparation time:1 hour;Cooking time:45Mnts
Ravioli

Dough
1.5 Cups All Purpose Flour/Maida
 1/2 Tspn Salt
2 Large Eggs
2 Tblspn Olive Oil
1/2 Tspn Oregano
Water to make a smooth dough

Filling
Half a Chicken Breast
1 1/2 Onion Sliced
Salt
1/2 + 1 Tspn Pepper Powder
Water to cook Chicken breast
1 Tspn Garlic Diced
1/2 Tspn Oregano
Mozarella Cheese Grated(as per needed)
1 Cup Water
1 1/2 Tblspn Butter

  White Sauce

25 Gm Butter
1 1/2 Tblspn Maida /Flour
1/4 Tspn salt
2 Cups Milk
1/4 Tspn Oregano
1/4 Tspn Thyme(Optional)
1/2 Tspn White Pepper /Black Pepper Powder

Method

Dough

First mix the flour with dry ingredients and make a well in the center and pour in the eggs,olive oil and water to knead it to a smooth dough.

Make chappathis out of it and cut into squares or rectangles and  keep the filling and some grated cheese on one square and cover it with another.Be careful that you stick the sides well.

 Now boil some water with salt and olive oil/veg oil. 

When water boils,put 2 to 3 raviolis in a batch and cook till done and drain in a colander.You can also steam the raviolis which I find is more convenient coz there is no risk of water getting into the pockets and spilling the filling outside the pockets.

Stuffing

  1. First boil chicken with some salt and 1/2 tspn pepper powder and water.
  2. Cook until the stock evaporates.
  3. Now remove from flame and shred the chicken when cooled.
  4. In a pan,spoon in the butter and fry the garlics and then the onions with some salt,until transparent.
  5. Now add the shredded chicken meat and pepper powder and oregano. 
  6. While stuffing in each pocket,after  spooning in a litte of the filling,spoon in 1/2 tspn mozarella cheese too. 

White Sauce

  1. First melt Butter in a non stick pan.
  2. Then remove it from flame and add in the flour and saute it well so that it mixes up well.Now place the pan back on very low heat and pour in the milk immediately or else you will burn the flour.
  3. Add salt,pepper,oregano and thyme.
  4. Cook by continuously stirring the sauce until it comes to the consistency of custard.
  5. Remove from flame.

Asssembling

First spoon in some sauce into the serving plate and keep 2 to 3 raviolis on it and generously pour the sauce on top too.
Enjoyyyy!!!!!!
Anyway I tasted the raviolis fried,without any sauce on it,ie without boiling it in water,fried it in oil.Believe me it tasted awesome.It was truly yumm,with a cheesiness inside and a crispiness outside.I liked it rather than the original boiled raviolis.
Just for a demonstration,posting a pic of the fried raviolis.
It tasted like cheesy chicken nuggets!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Looks really cheesy and delicious! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanku for dropping ur comment here Rita...

      Delete
  2. I love this cheeeessssssy chicken ravioli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salute you for making the ravioli and then drenching over the creamy sauce. This is a complete meal no one will complain and enjoy to the maximum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks fantastic cheesy n yumm....will be glad if you follow me back..m happy to follow you

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment coz your comments are my inspiration and motivation.....I would be very much obliged to read your comments and criticisms....